Menu
EG-Barry
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: External Installation Not Completed - New Customer

It's definitely fibre to boundary here.  Quite what they will use to cable from boundary to external wall box, then from there to TV is anyone's guess.

If only VM did a survey or sent the pre-install round on the date booked!  Then I'd know what they planned.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Some properties have a fibre to coax convertor on the outside of the house, you can tell these as the box is much larger than the typical coax to house arrangements. 

Do other people on your road have Virgin? You could see what the plan was then. 

0 Kudos
EG-Barry
Tuning in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Now installed!!

Fibre all way to house, with VM fibre inside VM micro-duct, inside my cable conduit. They blew the fibre 97 metres to cabinet after linking micro-duct under garden with micro-duct under pavement.  Driveway contractors had cried off today because of weather.

Large brown box on house wall with fibre to coax converter, as you suggested.

Let's hope Friday's install goes well and I get 516Mb!

pfishers
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi EG-Barry, i am glad you finally got your external work done, i am too waiting for external work to be done and feel as though it will never happen.

DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Mine got installed today too!! They did the internal installation then the external installation team came and did the cables a few hours later! So so happy it's done 🙂 enjoy your new internet!

0 Kudos