cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extention cable

Leewest74
Tuning in

Hi I have 1gb connection, with tivo box and hub on volt. 

The location that Virgin comes into the house is not practical and I want to move the tivo and hub. Where can I get the cable to extend from the data socket on the wall to the splitter cable? 

Ive looked online but it isnt clear what cable I need, I don't want to lose connectivity unnecessarily but need to move it around 4 or 5 metres.

Thanks

Lee

5 REPLIES 5

robputt
On our wavelength

Call Virgin and request an engineer visit, it will be chargeable but they'll do all the work for you. If you want to run it under floorboards make sure boards are up before they arrive and suitable pull ropes positioned so they can pull the cable with minimal fuss. Please do not use your own cable, Virgin Media have specific cable for the job and after any alterations the line is tested to ensure it is in spec. Failure to check line spec may cause issues not only for you but also any neighbours with Virgin. If you want to pre-run the cable for the engineer they will normally drop off some free of charge ahead of the appointment, but allow the engineer to terminate, test and connect.

My Broadband Ping - Rob's VM Connection

That's great advice, I will do that, thank you for your response.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Leewest74 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that.

Hi @Leewest74, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I would love to help you relocate your desired equipment.  The fantastic newapollo is completely correct with regard to the call out charge, of £25.00.  I am going to send you a private message, so that I can help you further.

Regards

Lee_R