cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed cables, damaged street cabinet

Gavin80
On our wavelength

6 months virgin media has left dangerous exposed cables and damaged cabinet at Birchgrove SA79QJ, 24 phone calls to them and have done absolutely nothing what a joke of customer service will be switching to sky!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gavin80
On our wavelength

Virgin Media please sort out your damaged street cabinet AGAIN, at 27 cwrt Isaf Birchgrove SA79PP

Very hazardous and  dangerous, wires exposed and enire unit is ripped out of the ground, 3 cars have hit it so far!!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Contact your local council and explain it’s a Health & Safety issue. They will soon get VM to fix it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you go via the automated number?  The VM box report number is 0330 333 0444. Have the location details to hand and if possible the box number.

Other than this, as suggested complain to the Council.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gavin80
On our wavelength

I have and the council said all they can do is make safe and it's down to virgin media 

Hi you pay council tax so its up to them to contact virgin if they make safe using council tax money they should pass that on to virgin. Regards Micky

I totally agree I was on the phone to them for 10 minutes and they said they have passed it on to virgin twice and all they can do is make safe till virgin repair it

Hi @Gavin80 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that the issue you've reported with the unsafe cables has not been dealt with.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Gavin80

Just a quick update.  The team I raised this with have forwarded my email on to a field based manager in your area.  She has promised to give me an update, when she has one.  And I will keep chasing.

Regards

Lee

Gavin80
On our wavelength

Virgin Media please sort out your damaged street cabinet AGAIN, at 27 cwrt Isaf Birchgrove SA79PP

Very hazardous and  dangerous, wires exposed and enire unit is ripped out of the ground, 3 cars have hit it so far!!

Hi Gavin80,

Thanks for notifying us about this damaged cabinet, I am sorry if it's still not been fixed. 

I have sent this off to the Networks Field Team who will get this looked at ASAP. 

Thanks,

Megan_L