cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed cable

Tara_89
Joining in

Hi,

I have a virgin cable that is exposed outside - it was originally covered by plastic tubing which has come off. Who do I need to contact to reapply the plastic casing? 

Thanks

Tara

Exposed cable.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

MysticalWizzard
On our wavelength

Give 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin Mobile/Landline a call and go through to faults and explain to them, they’ll send an engineer out to replace the cable conduit.

———————————————————-
Ultimate Oomph Customer Since 2021, Virgin TV 360 (x1 Main & x2 Mini), Gig1 (Hub 4) + Netflix add-on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Might save OP time and effort just for them to buy a piece of conduit and do it themselves.

About £2 to £3 retail.

As it's functioning and no health & safety issue it's arguably cosmetic.

Nearly every VM customer in my area has exposed cabling as it's a pretty old install from cabletel days with no gardens in the city area it has a little bit of metal conduit and then proceeds to enter the houses - no one has omniboxes and a lot of cables are visible/accessible.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That looks to me to be a new fibre install, the green you see is the “tube” protecting the fibre. It definitely needs fixing to the wall, top and bottom, although I don’t necessarily see the need for extra covering. As it stands it could easily get caught or pulled and break the fibre. 

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Tara_89

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team it's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to see this wire has become exposed! Can I ask if you have contacted our telephone teams about this or do you still require assistance? 

Thank you. 

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses. I contacted customer services who have arranged for a technician to come and fix the issue.

Thanks

Tara