cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed cable on the path outside my house

markyorkshire
Tuning in

Hi,

Can anyone advise who I should contact with an exposed cable outside my house, I am worried someone might trip over it or step on it and break the fibre.

Thanks,

Mark

IMG_7709.jpgIMG_7710.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Mark,

Thanks for posting on the community forums to report the exposed cables. 🙂

From looking at the picture you've posted, the cables look like they're creeping through right on the property boundary line between your drive and the pavement. It's a bit of an awkward one due to the fact it's on the boundary, so I've contacted the Area Field Manager for your area to ask what the next steps would be in getting the cables reburied.

As soon as I hear back from him, I will come back here to let you know. If you need anything else in the meantime feel free to post below and I'll be happy to help with anything you need.

Speak with you soon.

Beth

Beth

Great, thank you Beth.

Hi Mark,

I have spoken with Area Field Manager who has arranged for an engineer to come and rebury the cables.

I will pop you over a PM to confirm the appointment slot 🙂

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth, someone came and fixed this on Thursday. 👍

Whittem2005
Joining in

Hi there 

We have had some conifers removed and we have spotted a cable running the length of the garden that clearly has not been buried and just left lying on ground when laid. 

The cable goes into a box outside our house so not sure if it is Internet or phone. How can I have an engineer out to fix this issue?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Whittem2005 

Welcome to the forums and thank you so much for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the cables not being buried. 

Are you able to provide me with a picture so that I can arrange for this to be sorted? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M