cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet to PC suddenly stopped

lastings
On our wavelength

I have had my main PC wired to my Hub 3 for years. Last week I was upgraded to M350, and today rebooted the hub. Now, my computer has no ethernet access and the controller says not connected. If I plug the PC into the 16 port ethernet hub that is also plugged into the router, it is recognised as 'unidentified network' with no internet access. My Deco access points are also no longer being recognised, so basically, apart from wifi, my system has just fallen down completely. The hub is in router mode, by the way!

Please can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disconnecting all ethernet connections and doing a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Super-hub-3-Ethernet-ports-have-stopped-w...

Thanks! I already did that once, but tried again, and after a bit of a wait, and a restart of my network card, it all finally seems to be working again 🙂 Not sure what made it all fall over, or why the first reset didn't help. Maybe Virgin needed a bit of time to think about it? My thought is that perhaps there is a dodgy connection in the hub, which was disturbed when I moved it to reset, and the second reset nudged it back? Maybe I should glue it to the table in case it dislodges again!

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news 👍