Menu
mrjimwelsh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Enabling TV Volume Control with Virgin Remote

Hi.
A friend of mine has recently been upgraded to the latest V6 box which was easy to set up but, when you go to the menu to set up the Virgin remote for TV volume, you just get a blank screen.

I followed the instructions on the remote but there are few details, then I watched the Virgin video on the subject but there is no page to do it on this box.  

Has anybody else had this problem and can it be resolved?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enabling TV Volume Control with Virgin Remote

Do you mean the V6 or the "really new" 360 TV box?

There should be no problems for the V6 as long as you can get the correct code for the TV in the set up process

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mrjimwelsh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enabling TV Volume Control with Virgin Remote

The main problem is, on the new box, when I get to the page for setting up TV volume, I get a blank screen.

If I use the old remote from the old Tivo Box, that remote works ok, as it was set up for the same TV on the old box

If I could get a code for the tv, could I enable the remote without going to the page?

The box gets switched off from the mains every night. Is this the same as re-booting the box?

0 Kudos