cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't think my internet has been activated yet and Virgin Media are taking too long. Can I do anything?

arshad_vh
Joining in

Little back story:

I moved back to my mum's place and she was with VM already. I decided to move the whole account to my name and also upgraded to 1 Gig at the same time. VM informed me that they will install the new router and then switch off the old account few hours after the new one gets online so i am never left without internet. Great! I am a software engineer and WFH so need my internet.

An engineer came yesterday morning to do the installation with hub 4. I wasn't at home at that point so couldn't test anything. But when I later went - the new service wasn't working at all and they have also shut down the old service. I am now without any internet in my house. I spoke to someone on the phone today morning and he hinted that the issue is at my end. Regardless, we tried so many things and just couldn't get it work at all. I am booked in for an engineer on Thursday morning. I honestly can't do my job without internet. Is there anything that can be done? 

I have a feeling that they just haven't activated my services at all. My brother was present when the engineer was installing and the hub never went live. I logged into the hub and it shows "Requesting CM IP address".

Is there anything that can be done? 

2022-06-21 16_30_11-Window.png

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @arshad_vh,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of your connection issues, how did your visit from our engineer go? Is everything now working as it should be?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hey @Steven_L 

It hasn't been fixed at all. If anything, it has gone worse.

My whole account is so screwed by virgin media. The back story is that my mother was the original account holder since years. But recently her health has been in decline so she has moved to another country and i moved here. I called VM to stop her services while I was going to arrange broadband from other ISP who is doing 1Gig internet in my area. But I found out that VM are also doing 1Gig in my area from customer service. They informed me that they can just switch new services on my name and that i wouldn't be left without internet. Great! I also got a new o2 simcard deal as i was looking to switch from Three anyways. The order was placed on the 10th of June and the broadband switch was booked for 20th of June.

Couple of engineers came on 20th of June and they installed the hub. Informed us that it will start to work in few hours. It didnt. But the old services turned off on the day before this new service went live. So i was left with no internet since.

I called VM on the morning of 21st of June to sort this out. They booked an engineer for later in the week initially. But i called them again, begging them to fix this and they found earlier slot for 22nd for an engineer. While making this second call, i noticed that my account was showing up as business when i called the customer service. I have no idea why. I live at a residential property and ordered residential broadband. This opened another can of worms for me as the customer service was not reachable anymore due to automated responses. Anyways, i cared more about getting online than this. The engineer came at 8AM on 22nd (yesterday) - he replaced the hub and was tinkering here and there but in the end he didn't get the services working at all. He just said that it will come online in few hours and he left after. Of course the services didn't come online at all.

So i called customer service yet again but due to my account showing up as business, i just couldnt connect a call at all to anyone. I had to call the business line and spoke to someone called Danica Ivanne Regio. I explained her my situation and she couldn't rectify it but did say that she will talk to the internal team and see what is going on. Still waiting for her response on that. She did suggest that i call business technical fault team to get my broadband running.

So i did. Now i was speaking to Vignesh from fault team. Explained him my story yet again and he seemed really invested into fixing this. A lot more than previous statues i was speaking to. He explained to me that from the outlook, my account looks like business account but once you go inside - you can see that it is residential deal. He was calling other people while i was on hold to get this fixed. In the end, he said that it will take 24 hours to get this confusion sorted but he couldn't help me with getting me online as he is in business department. Its now been 24 hours and my account is still seen as business when i call customer service.

Anyways, i got hold of some guy called Isha. Explaing the whole thing to him once again. he put me on hold and came back asking for secret answer on my account. The one i set at the time of ordering isn't working so he can't help me. What a pile of %$£^ system - why can't you just verify with asking other questions!? So now i need to wait for 5 working days to recieve a letter of password reminder. He did book in an engineer to visit tomorrow in the afternoon and did say that the engineer will not leave until its fixed. Ofcourse i don't believe him but this is pretty much the last straw.

I have already placed an order today morning with other ISP for braodband and they gave me a date for early next week. I have already cancelled my o2 simcard just few minutes ago as there were dramas there too. If VM doesnt sort this out before the other broadband is installed, i am cancelling the broadband as well. We have been with VM since blueyonder back in 2009 but this whole experience has been such a let down that i just don't want anything to do with virgin media. Couple of my siblings are already paying £60 per month for 200Mb internet only at their houses, which is a lot more than what it shows online. I am just going to recommened them to cancel it aswell and try with other ISP. I have been messed around too much by Virgin media..

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply arshad_vh. 

We are very sorry and slightly confused as to why your account would have been set up as a business account on a residential package. This is not something we have heard of before so we would like to assist in looking in to this further. To do this, I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat