Thanks for coming back to us, we understand your frustration with the cabling issues. We do apologise that you requested a longer cable at the time of install and this was not done. Due to this we will gladly arrange for a technician to return to your property and get this matter sorted for you.
So I can arrange for a technicians visit I will pop you over a private message. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.
OK, some good alternative suggestions from -tony- and jbrennand, to simplify all these comments:
I suggest your next move is to follow -tony- s advice and wait until the end of Tuesday and see if the forum staff contact you via private message, to try and sort this out (they're usually good like that). Make sure that what you can explain what outcome you want clearly - VM's internal communications are not very good, so go gently and explain carefully the specific actions you want doing now (eg the Hub moving, the TV box connecting properly (just a longer cable, or something else?); Is there any other installation concerns that need fixing?; Wifi problems - you should ask for VM to provide free wifi boosters; And explain what the issue is about price and bundle?
Note that your first payment might include an installation or setup fee so could be higher than the package price you'll pay every month - but if that wasn't made clear when you signed up then they shouldn't be charging you for it (again that's the Consumer Rights Act, and they can't point at small print that they didn't draw your attention to as a get out). Whether in writing or on the phone, make sure that you stay calm and keep things polite, even if you feel angry - you want the VM staff to help you, and whatever the issue you currently have is, it isn't the personal fault of the people you'll now be dealing with to hopefully get it sorted.
If the forum staff don't get in touch by Tuesday evening of this week, or if they do but can't achieve a solution that you think is fair and in line with what you had agreed to when you signed up, your subsequent step is to phone up and tell VM that you are cancelling within your 14 day cooling off period (that expires on Wednesday, so don't delay). As jbrennand says, you'll probably find that the agent you speak to will be willing to do a heck of a lot to sort things out and avoid a new customer cancellation.
Something else to know is that VM don't get involved in sorting out customer's wifi - they provide a Hub (that's basic, but mostly works), if pressured they will provide free wifi boosters, but getting it all set up is down to the customer. We (other customers with too much time on our hands) can help you with that if you start a separate thread, but maybe do that once you've got the installation and contract sorted, and they've provided some wifi boosters.
I want to make a big complaint and disuse leaving them due to dishonesty and false information giving to me and extra charges added on and that now being told the offer had stopped by the time The day it was installed
Iv been connected since the 24th of this month I have such bad signal in the house unless we are in the same room as the bb box that’s it we can’t get any WiFi in most rooms in house it’s so week all our phones click on to 3 or 4 g on our mobile and we at not with a contact with virgin
again we told the installation person but nothing was done so now it cuts off can’t get signal iv reset box and followed what they tell you on there site but again nothing as I sit here in the room neat to the room where the bb box is and i have no WiFi I’m on 4G
what can I do who do I get hold of as this has been a joke from dat on tia hollie
you need to do something TODAY - its the 14th day - if you dont cancel you are locked into a 12 month contract and will have to pay to leave - so you need to make a decision
you can cancel your cancellation within the 30 days notice but if you do nothing then thats it - they will not let you cancel for what you saying is wrong without you paying
dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre
VM have offered a tech to sort the cables - have you replied to the PM and arranged that - you can do that even if you give 30 days notice