cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation

roginproy
Joining in
  • I have booked my VM service for Nov 14, 2022. Till now it is not being installed. Whenever I am calling customer service, they will say that it is going to be done today itself. But I haven't seen any changes till now. I am fed up with the customer care service team and the installation team. They keep on making stories for the delayed installation. Its about 3 months since i have applied for the VM service .So can you people please let me know when is my installation going to happen?.
3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

short answer - the 12th of never [look it up if you dont understand] - might not be as bad as that but tomorrow or tomorrows tomorrow because thats what the computer says

hopefully you got an install date - if so compensation is mounting up at £5 dd a day - you might have to fight for it but its yours - come back if they try to scam you

staff will get to the thread in a few days - they ignore new threads for 48 hours or so and you willl get an apology and little else - you might get a pm wanting info for them to investigate but they will be as clueless as you and may ask you what info you have as they will have non

so let it run - there is nothing you can do if you decide enough is enough dont cancel until its installed - just think of all the crisp £5 notes

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi roginproy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. 

Whilst this isn't ideal, it does happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network. Sometimes this can take around 10 weeks to complete depending on the issue at hand. 

Whilst we're not able to expedite things, I'm happy to take a look at things for you to have the latest update. 

To do this I will need some information from you in order to help. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi roginproy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. 

Whilst this isn't ideal, it does happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network. Sometimes this can take around 10 weeks to complete depending on the issue at hand. 

Whilst we're not able to expedite things, I'm happy to take a look at things for you to have the latest update. 

To do this I will need some information from you in order to help. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

i like the new cut and paste Kath - is the 10 weeks your wet finger or is it VM speak - one and the same legally as you are VM - its better than 

sometimes we need a council permit

but just as meaningless - not that you are going to agree or even comment i would think

and to the OP

sometimes it can take 13 months as evidences by at least one thread on here - VM's install process is broken - i am sure many go through with no fuss - they are not posted about on here - others become months or a year long thread - just sit back and let it happen when it happens then count the number of days late and multiply that by 5 [approx] thats the amount in ££££££££££££ that you are owed in compensation

VM are likely not to agree but the arbitrator should sort it plus another 100 or so for the messing about

Tony.
Sacked VIP