Menu
joelindley
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Delayed activation

We have had the installation date moved four times now and still no update - I was on hold to virgin earlier for 2 hours to be passed around and then cut off with still no update.

This is highly frustrating as myself and my partner need the internet for working at home.

Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed activation

If this is a new installation and there was no previous Virgin connection then it may not be a simple matter. There may be a wayleave issue or permission needed from the local authority. But Virgin should have kept you informed.  They are notorious for that.

I suggest you get a 4G mobile data connection in the meantime, and keep it as a standby for the future in case you need it. Virgin Media is a residential service and they do not guarantee a continuous connection for business use.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed activation

Hi joelindley, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the experience you have had with the new install. 

We appreciate this has been a very frustrating time and you were looking forward to enjoying your new service. We want nothing more than to provide the service but the problem as you may have been made aware is one of construction.

We do not come across these issues until we action the installation. When you first call, the Sales team check to see if the address is marked as serviceable. This simply means the architecture is in place. In this case it is. Prior to you install a crew come out to what we term pre-pull the external cable. It’s at this point we sometimes come across constructions issues. Services are subject to availability.

Have you been advised that we will need to do a cable repull and if so this can be done at anytime up until the day of installation. 

Chris

0 Kudos