Menu
Highlighted
Guyster1973uk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Damage to house during installation

Hi guys I had virgin media broadband m350 and phone unlimited minutes package installed on the 16th of September and the engineer has damaged the rough cast and brickwork when drilling a hole in wall to run cables in the house . He has covered it up with a lot of silicon sealer then put a silicon face plate on top this is not a proper repair  . The face place wouldn’t stay on so he hammered two nails on it to hold it in place . This is a council house I live in. I would like the damage to the brickwork and rough cast repaired properly. I have informed the council about the damage and I was told if they repair it they will bill me for it . If I have to get the council to fix it I will be sending the bill to virgin media as it was their engineer that caused the damage not me .

i informed virgin media of the damage on 24th September and have had no reply from them 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damage to house during installation

Hi Guyster1973uk,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm really sorry for the damage caused to your property and for the delay in getting a response. This certainly isn't the experience I'd expect to see and I'll certainly be feeding this back.

I can see that a case was raised for you regarding this, but it doesn't look like enough relevant information was collected. I'd really like to get this sorted for you ASAP so will send you a private message now to collect further details. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Guyster1973uk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks . Did u get my message ok?
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for joining me over pm. I'm glad we've been able to raise this issue to the relevant team for you.

As I said, please do give me a shout if you have any further concerns.

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Guyster1973uk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok will do and thanks again
Highlighted
Guyster1973uk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael I had someone from virgin media at my house this morning to look at the damage I mentioned he had a look took pics and said ok we will be back in a few days to repair it properly . I received a call this afternoon from virgin media on a Glasgow phone number and they said that had looked at the pics and decided it is has been repaired to a high standard . I pointed out that the silicon sealer was put on very heavy and face plate was fitted with nails . Then I was told there was damage I said how you can say there’s no damage he chipped part of the brickwork and knocked the rough cast off the wall . I was then told it’s going to be passed on to closure dept . 

Can you have a look at the account see if there’s anything else you can do . I am not happy about this situation one bit 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Post up some photos for people on here to pass an opinion.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Guyster1973uk

As you've advised it's gone to the closure team, they'll be in touch with you asap.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Guyster1973uk
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

53455893-ADF8-4871-8ACF-07CA25515585.jpeg

0 Kudos
Gary333
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They drill from inside out, using a full size drill bit so unfortunately it’s always going to ruin and pop one of the bricks. However the damage is usually covered up by a brown Omni box. I wonder why they haven’t used one here. 

I’m not sure If it’s a bad picture but from here at least it doesn’t look too bad at all. That pebble dashing effect was always going to be damaged by drilling - although they should have made you aware. 

0 Kudos