Menu
asfchan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Council permission for relocating tee/toby?

I am getting Virgin broadband for the first time at this house. So far, the pre-pull has taken place successfully .

When the next set of engineers came to fix the cable from the tee/toby to my house they said it would be best to relocate or add another tee/toby on the other side of my driveway so the cable can then run along the fence (the current tee/toby is in the middle of my driveway which is fully paved. Makes sense. 

The engineer sprayed a green mark in the new location and took a picture of it with a laminated sign underneath (?). 

My question is, how long will it take to get the new tee/toby fitted as my install date is just 9 days away? 

Is planning permission from my local council required? 

And who will actually fit the new tee/toby? Will the pre-pull team need to come out again to pull the cable 3m further along from the old tee to the new one? Or will the people installing the new tee be able to do that? Would they also be able to fit the cable from the new tee to my house?

Bit worried that it may require 3 different teams to come now and how long that may all take! 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Council permission for relocating tee/toby?

yes they will need planning permission.
Its impossible to know the time frame
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Council permission for relocating tee/toby?

Depends on whether your local council wades in treacle or not - it can be as long as 6-8 weeks (or less of course) and then the VM teams need scheduling.... so best advice is dont cancel any BB service from another supplier and sit tight until VM has been installed and is working to your satisfaction

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos