cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction email address

Wheelerk84
Joining in

Anyone else disappointed by the poor customer service? I was sent a text advising that additional work needed to be carried out before I could receive services and my install date of 6th Jan was delayed. No information about how long the delays were. I called and spent an hour on the phone, they were useless and was passed between 3 people. Eventually I was told to email construction.virginmedia@virginmedia.co.uk,the email bounced back, and looking on the forum it doesnt look like I'm the first to be given a fake email address. Very disappointed with the service received so far and it's making me question whether or not I was to join virgin. I'm now having to pay out of contract rates with sky (which ste horrendous!) With no time frame from virgin!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did you get your installation done, or did you just give up and with another provider?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Pre-installation & Delivery team on 08000 521 734

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

FedUp2021
On our wavelength

It's like you've lived my current VM experience, I've just penned an email to construction.virginmedia@virginmedia.co.uk this morning only find out it is fake!!!

I signed up to VM services on 20/12/2020, my first of many install dates was 08/01/2021 where the engineer actually turned up, he quickly identified that the supply cable to my property had been cut at the property boundry. He registered the need for a new supply cable to be installed and said that I wouldn't have to wait long for this to happen.

My next install date was for 25/01/2021. I got a text a day or two before saying they weren't going to turn up

My next install date was for 09/02/2021. I got a call from India a day or two before to say that they weren't going to turn up, this time saying that VM hadn't got the local council permission but couldn't add any further information.

My next install date was for 23/02/2021. I got a call last night from the Philippines to say that VM weren't going to turn up, this time I asked what action were VM taking to prevent these cancellations and whether a request to dig was actually put into the local authority, sadly the nice gentleman in the Philippines had no answer or access to such information. I followed this call with calling up VM media via 03454541111, I spoke to a guy in India and was then put through to a lady in the Philippines. My conversation with Jazz in the Philippines lasted for over an hour, from which I discovered only the following piece of information; a permit request to dig was put into the local authority on 18/01/2021 and it was refused. No further information and her manager was apparently in a meeting so couldn't offer any more information.

I'm informed that my next install date is 12/03/2021, nearly 3 months on from my sign up date for VM services. We have lost complete faith that anyone at VM cares about our install.

I've asked to speak to someone with access to see what is actually going on.
I've asked for a callback from someone in the UK who can explain to me what's going on.
I've asked for the permit request number so that maybe the council can answer my questions.
I've asked for VM to supply me with mobile broadband as a temporary measure whilst I wait for the installation to take place (apparently yes, only at my cost and would have to sign up to a contract).

All that I've got out of VM is this fake email address construction.virginmedia@virginmedia.co.uk,

Please let me put my situation in context:
  • My partner and I are currently working from home, my partner is a key worker, we must have internet access to work. 
  • The installation property cannot be moved in to until VM supplies broadband services.
  • We are currently paying for two properties, two sets of bills, and having to heat both because we cannot vacate our present property until VM supplies broadband services.
  • The experience is very stressful to my partner, family and myself. It is impacting both personal and professional life. 
  • Every time that VM gives me a new installation date, I have to book a day holiday, these precious days are being used up by VM with no final outcome.

If you're listening at all VM?

Please can you tell me what is happening with my install?
What is the 'blockage' to the install, and what is being done to prevent another cancellation of install?

Why do you find it unnecessary to give your customer any customer service, a little information and consideration would go some way to show that there are actual human beings behind this faceless facade.

Z92
Trouble shooter

If you require internet access, the best way is via a 3G/4G dongle whilst you wait, as it can take VM upto 8 weeks to supply some properties, longer in some cases. Since these cases are normally due to outside contractors, don't expect VM to chase them, so they typically done when they are done if you constantly pester them they'll just give you fictitious dates until completed as these people are typically on KPI and so need to get you off the phone as soon as possible. 

FedUp2021
On our wavelength

Thanks for the advice, but I don't see why in order to get mobile broadband from VM I've got to set up a new contract, get credit checked, pay up front to buy something from the people who have created the gap I have to fill 

Almost identical scenario to the one I posted slightly earlier. Just get give fictious dates

I can't think of a time where as a consumer I've had such poor service and support.  

Did you get your installation done, or did you just give up and with another provider?

It was all a bit long winded and I get the feeling it was all sales target related. Originally I spoke to an engineer here in the uk who told me they could install it following a few checks, he approved the work so I then got a call from the online sales team who processed my order. after nearly a month I got the call saying my install date was delayed as per the original post. Eventually I got a call from the construction team advising they couldn't install because of the cost, I was really fed up and explained about my conversation with the engineer, the advisor said that if I'd spoken to an engineer then they should be able to do it so after waiting another week for the engineer to call (I was promised 3 times that he would call and he didnt) he explained that because the online team had placed the order it was refused but if he processed the order it would go through but it would be a new order, he couldn't promise the same package anymore and I'd be back at the end of the queue and it might be 8 weeks wait on top of the 6 I had already waited so I stayed with sky in the end!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Although VM have not said so (mainly because it's impossible to get to talk with anyone that can tell me what's going on), I believe the same thing is happening to me. There is no problem with local authority, it's VM that don't want to install because there's a cost to it and everyday and time that they delay the cost is getting higher so the less likely that they will ever turn up.

For VM it's about profit margins not service provision.

I wonder how long they will string me along for?

Is there a record for number of cancellations and reschedules?

I wonder who's had the most?