Menu
adamwarbreck
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connection in new property - multiple connections

I'm shortly due to be moving into a new property and found a number of connections. Would I be right in thinking the wall boxes are redundant and the internet connection is fed through the set of cables pictured feeding in through the wall on the left instead? Thanks.20210328_101125.jpgc.JPGd.JPG

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection in new property - multiple connections

Hi there

I should be able to check on our systems for you to see when it last had service

I'll pop you a private message to take some details and we'll check it.

Thanks 

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

adamwarbreck
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help Christy. I've responded to your private message.
0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The cables on the left look like sky cables. No good for Virgin. Take the cover off the oblong white box and see whats in there. Looks like a cable box. Have a look outside for a usually brown box and trace any cables from there.
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The left-hand white box is the cable connection, you can see the F socket on the left hand side. This is where the VM quick start cable will go. The right-hand box is an old VM telephone connection, they are not used now days, the telephone circuit come from the VM hub. The two “shotgun” cable are to a sky dish.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2