Menu
geoff4747
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting second tivo box

Hello Steven_l

We may have WIFI but we still cannot watch either Netflix or Youtube on the apps on either of our two tvs.

We have been in touch with both Netflix and Youtube and they tell us they have not done any updates and that nothing is wrong their end.

I'm at a complete loss as this all happened on the original date that our contract was to end with Virgin, before we decided to renew, and we also had the same  problem with watching them on both the Virgin box channel numbers and apps as well, all on the same date.

geoff

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello geoff4747

So we can get this sorted and stop going round in circles with each reply

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
geoff4747
Tuning in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gareth 

I've sent you a pm.

Just an update for everyone else.

I thought we could watch Netflix on our virgin Tivo box but it turns out all is not right.

On my daughters and wife's Netflix account the sound is still distorted with a bad time delay. On my account I thought every thing was okay, but this is where it gets really weird.

I tried various different checks and if they watch a British programme its ok, but when my daughter watches Glee, New girl etc, ie American programmes that is when the sound problems arise, the same problem is also on my wife's account.

I went on my account, where I watch mainly British tv, and I tried to watch Friends as a test, and the sound was delayed and crackly.

We had a similar problem with the crackly sound and time delay, whilst trying to watch Prime through Virgin in November 2019. We tried sorting that out with Virgin at the time but they couldn't so we just carried on watching that direct through the Firestick(?) 

We can watch Netflix through The Firestick without any issues.

We still cannot connect to Netflix through the apps on our Smart tv's.

I really don't know what is happening.

Geoff

0 Kudos
geoff4747
Tuning in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello everyone, 

An engineer was organised by Gareth_L  and came out to us Tuesday.

He has solved the sound problem for us. Apparently it was how the sound was connecting to the tv. Although I still don't know why it was only certain programmes.

He also said the problem with our Smart tv's was that they are old, which again I don't understand as one of them is just over a year old, but we solved that by buying a streaming device so we can now watch Netflix upstairs without any issues.

Thanks to everyone for your help especially Gareth_L

0 Kudos