cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint ongoing for 4 months

Sen1977
Joining in

I have had an issue with the connection feed for the broadband that feeds into my property. I have had three visits from engineers and neither of them have been able to resolve the issue as they have to access the roof of my block of flats. I have raised numerous complaints, each one being closed one after the other without my consent as the problem had never been resolved. I have found that it is near impossible to speak to a member of your management team to get an explanation as to why the work can't be carried out. One of your more honest agents disclosed that the issue was that your engineers do not have access to a ladder and therefore are unable to access the roof to undertake the necessary work. I have found the entire process stressful and would like to speak to a manager and seek compensation for the inconvenience and substandard service that I have been paying for and more importantly get the box on the roof repaired!

22 REPLIES 22

To be honest I don't see what that is going to achieve. All I want is the service that I pay for. If they have been able to install the connection in the first place then why can't they fix it? Virgin is full of excuses and it's not good enough. 

The management company had changed hands three times over 13 years and the latest ones have no record. I know because I asked them a few hours ago.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's normal practice now when apartment blocks are built, for the developer to put in the wiring with materials supplied by Virgin Media.

If this was the case with your block then it's entirely possible that VM have never been on your roof. That's why I was asking about the history.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

The block was built in the 1940's

Z92
Trouble shooter

So did VM actually install the original cabling? Or did a previous company install it? Such as NTL, C&W or Telewest.

That I couldn't tell you but the initial engineer who came to assess the problem made it sound like it was just a routine job. 

I'm wondering what the point of this forum is? Is it to council members through the fact that nothing is going to be done about the problems that they are facing or does anyone from Virgin monitor it and take the initiative to address issues and resolve them? 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Sooner or later a Virgin Media person will pick this up. Whether they can do anything you will have to wait and see.  It's a commercial operation and they are not required to do anything they find too difficult or too expensive. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

That's very reassuring news. In which case I'm gonna leave this pointless platform. 

Thanks anyway. 

Z92
Trouble shooter

Remember that if you require quick response from VM then your best bet is webchat or customer services.

These forums are community based with VM jumping in and out as and when they have time. You may or may not receive a response by posting on here, and if you do, it could take several days.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Sen1977 wrote:

That's very reassuring news. In which case I'm gonna leave this pointless platform. 

Thanks anyway. 

You probably need the VM forum team to arrange for an area manager to inspect the installation and give you a definitive answer as to whether the equipment is serviceable or not. Presumably the cable was put over the roof to avoid going inside the building or some other specific reason. If the existing cable is no longer serviceable, you could enquire if there is an alternative way to install a new cable, via a different route, which can be serviced in the future. If the cable can’t be serviced or replaced, you should probably put your efforts into finding a new supplier, as has been suggested above.

Unfortunately, VM seem to have little/no ability in their processes for dealing, in an efficient and timely way, with installations which are out of the ordinary, based on the topics which crop up regularly on here.

Hi @Sen1977,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having some problems with your services lately, and that there appears to be some kind of restriction in getting this attended to and resolved due to access to the cabling.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look at what's going on here for you. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!