Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Coaxial cable is jammed - need to remove

Hello,

The coaxial cable in my flat is currently in my kitchen and a long cable connects it to the living room.

(I only recently switched to Virgin but my flat was still connected from the previous tenant.)

I connected the long cable to the router, but this did not work - the router lights suggested a connection issue.

I want to try connect the router direct to the box in the kitchen, but I cannot remove the extension cable - it is almost as though it is welded on! I've tried using a wrench, but this has only twisted the connection and potentially damaged the wall unit.

Is there any way to remove this?

I've been trying to contact virgin media for over a week now and no luck.

I've been internet-less for about a month. Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Coaxial cable is jammed - need to remove

HI nellieandmabel VM tech here pm me i will try to help you.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such
You can also save £50 off your bill by recommending someone onto virgin media. To find out more PM me.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi the connector should screw off the connection post a picture if possible

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've tried unscrewing it and it isn't budging.

Ive tried loosening the nuts with a wrench and all I've done is twist the connection that is attached to the wall!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nellieandmabel, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll need to send a tech round to fix this. I'll PM you now to get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos