cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coaxial cable into hub 5, is it push/pull out or does it screw in/out?

Scottyboy99
Dialled in

The Virgin installer did all the stuff months ago so I didn't see how the coaxial cable goes into the hub. It is not clear to me if it would of been just pushed into the back of the hub 5 or screwed/turned due to the nut around it. So I wondered if I need to pull it out or unscrew. I don't want to risk damage to any cabling if I ever did this so wondered if someone could enlighten me. Thanks, Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is a standard F type connector (screw).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

A picture would be helpful for this one.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK push on connectors are only provided in quick start kits. With a tech install all the cabling is made up on site, so standard F type connectors are used. 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sorry guys, here is the picture.Coax virgin.jpg

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is a standard F type connector (screw).

Thank you!

Glad to hear the members have been bale to help resolve this one for you Scottyboy99 🙂

Rob