cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Hub 5

Steve8858
Joining in

Just got rid of hub 4 & new hub 5 delivered 😄, installed it & got a txt saying cannot activate due to tech issue, give me bk my hub 3, no problems at all & trying to get some help, forget that with Virgin support, 💩

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So what Hub do you currently have connected and what are the issues you are having with it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, got nearly everything working after getting through to VM, its the Hub 5 iv been given, its just my blink cameras that will not work with the Hub 4&5, hub 3 brilliant not a problem, the new hubs keep dropping out of signal having to sign in now & again 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Everyone wants a Hub 5 until their 2.4GHz IoTs don't work, their Wi-Fi printer fails to be visible,
their single speed 10Mb/s Ethernet heating controller is no longer compatible, their 2.5 Gb/s unmanaged switch is useless !

Hi Steve8858 👋 Welcome back to the community forum, thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear these concerns about your new hub and your blink camera's not working with them. Do you know if they need to be set up specifically with a 2.4ghz network connection as other members of the community have suggested?

You can check your advanced hub settings via the instructions here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-broadband if you need to take a closer look at things or alter your personal hub settings. 

Does the blink camera show as connected, but there is poor signal or are you unable to get it connected to the network at all?

You can run some checks on your connection via our Connect app 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp - this will also identify if there are any poor spots of coverage in your home that would benefit from one f our Wi-Fi POD's to boost connection. 
Please keep us posted with how you are getting on! We are here to help if needed. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly