cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract last day of cooling off period

Hoskins123
Tuning in

I've switched to Virgin but am not happy with the service. Today is the last day of my 14 day cooling off period so the last chance I have to cancel. However, I have been calling Virgin for 2 hours now, and they keep disconnecting me before speaking. So I can't cancel as its too late to post a cancellation. What can I do? Surely Virgin are in breach, not me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If staff can't get it sorted, then since VM have failed to allow you to cancel by providing an adequately staff telephone response, you can almost certainly get released from contract without penalty, refund of any payment they take (and possibly fifty quid compensation) by going down the formal complaint route asking for a deadlock letter if the company won't agree to that.  If/when the complaint is fobbed off then you use the deadlock letter to take the matter up with the industry complaints adjudicator, CISAS.

So give the forum staff the chance to sort things amicably with a simple cancellation, that's quickest and best for all concerned.  If that doesn't work, formal complaint in writing as per Virgin Media's Consumer Complaints Code of Practice.  If that still doesn't work then escalate to CISAS and in that ask for fifty quid compo for the unnecessary hassle.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

have flagged this to staff not sure what they can do but can ask

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you Tony!

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If staff can't get it sorted, then since VM have failed to allow you to cancel by providing an adequately staff telephone response, you can almost certainly get released from contract without penalty, refund of any payment they take (and possibly fifty quid compensation) by going down the formal complaint route asking for a deadlock letter if the company won't agree to that.  If/when the complaint is fobbed off then you use the deadlock letter to take the matter up with the industry complaints adjudicator, CISAS.

So give the forum staff the chance to sort things amicably with a simple cancellation, that's quickest and best for all concerned.  If that doesn't work, formal complaint in writing as per Virgin Media's Consumer Complaints Code of Practice.  If that still doesn't work then escalate to CISAS and in that ask for fifty quid compo for the unnecessary hassle.

Hello @Hoskins123, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry you're having difficulties contacting us (and also wanting to cancel too).

I'm going to pop you a quick PM to ask you to confirm some details, just so I can help you directly.

Please expect this to arrive within the next few minutes and reply privately.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Andrew-G, much appreciated!