cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabling work - dragging on

AliAli
Joining in

Hello,

I have joined since the 24th of March, and I keep getting engineers visiting and saying the same thing, that they need to do some cabling works outside, they say someone is coming tomorrow morning then no one comes.

Happened twice, and now I have yet another engineer visit on the 16th, who will say the same thing? Contact centre is very unhelpful and extremely dodgy. I was given a number for technical support, 08000525738, but when I called she wasn't helpful at all, and both calls keep talking over me, it feels like they are fed up before they hear what the issue is. They just keep repeating 16th the engineer is coming.

I joined VM when it first introduced fibre broadband and left in under a month due to horrible service. It has been over 10 years now, I have been with BT and happy with them, VM just offered a lot faster internet and I was hoping after almost 10 years, things have changed...why can't I just get a date where everything is clear. There is no webchat, I talk to a useless robot. Phone is useless, I am getting bombarded by emails for feedback yet no email to raise my frustration with...£68 a month...and this service...?

19 REPLIES 19

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AliAli,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear you've been facing these ongoing issues. Is this regarding an installation issue, or are you facing a technical fault with your services?

I can also see that you've mentioned that you have an engineer visit scheduled and booked for today. Please let us know how that goes and if you need any further assistance following their visit.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zack, 

it's an installation issue, so I'm still using BT broadband since I joined Vigin.

As predicted nothing on the 16th, even though I was told by two people over the phone it will be the 16th.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @AliAli 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have taken a look over the account and can see that you have managed to speak with someone on the 17/04/21,  were they able to assist you further with this? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I have called 3 times now since my post. Every single time, every single time they say someone is coming tomorrow. I asked to speak to someone more senior, no one is available. I asked for a formal email I can email to, was told to look through the website, I can't find an email to email to. I got an email asking me to pay my bill...I haven't used virgin internet for 5 weeks.  This is a horrible decision I took and I regret every minute of it. I really hoped the service did change after so many years....it is getting extremely frustrating with all the lies and bs that keeps getting thrown at me. Just tell me you have to wait one year, fine i'll wait. Don't tell me tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow everytime I call, then ask me to pay the bill, and I haven't used the service... it's not even connected!

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us  @AliAli

From taking another look at your account I can see that you have spoken to our team today regarding this issue. Can I just confirm, did they give you a little more explanation on this and some clarity?

Please do keep us updated, I can appreciate this isn't ideal but they should get this sorted for you 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tomorrow, no explanation.  

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply. 

Is this tomorrow as the work should be fixed? 

If so would you be able to keep us updated please? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Surprise surprise, tomorrow is here, almost 5pm, nothing. No communication, no emails, no phone call, no explanation.

I have never in my entire life been through such experience, I understand once, I understand twice, sometimes things go really wrong, 3 times because of pandemic, sure, 4 times...5 times...how many times do I have to call, how many times do I have to post.

Who is in charge? Who is responsible? Where can I speak to anyone formally? Is there anyone senior who can speak to me from a business point of view rather than just reading what's written on the screen...I am getting extremely close to just cancelling the service...

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AliAli

Thanks for posting this for us and sorry to hear that you're not too happy. 

I have seen that you have spoken to our team today, did they give you a clearer explanation on this issue? 

Please do let me know just so we can look into this further for you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team