cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable exposed

julie196510
Joining in

Not sure I am posting in the right group buy basically my driveway is covered in loose pebbles, all my neighbours are tarmacked or paved etc including my next door neighbour, we share the junction box at the bottom of our drives for the outdoor cables. When mine was installed years ago it was placed in a protective casing and placed about 2 inches under the stones, the bottom of our drives are narrow and there is no dividing wall so cars coming and leaving go over the bottom of our driveways. Over the years most of the protective casing cracked and came off and the part going into the box exposed. Recently I had to have an engineer when I couldn't get internet and he said it was because the cable was damaged. He replaced the cable but left the old one too, he placed a thin layer of my stones across the top and already the new cable is exposed and being driven over. Checking my neighbours cables, none of them appear to be above ground, even my next door neighbours appear to be under his paved drive. I complained to virgin to come and improve how the cable is placed possibly digging and burying it further down however they want to charge me £99, but it's not my fault the cable is exposed!! surely I shouldn't have to pay for shoddy installation?Cable 1.jpgCable 2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

lotharmat
Community elder
Hang tight for VM forum staff to pick this up - they will be able to advise!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi julie196510,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you've had this issue with your recent cable repair.

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you, I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team