staff replied earlier in the thread so - yes - they do monitor the forum - but not 24/7 so it takes a while for them to respond - as said if you want faster response then text or phone - on a point of cost - have just seen another thread where the phone or text response was a charge of £99 - thats wrong it should be free - so if they try to charge you have non of it - if they insist then thats up to you - accept it or come back here for staff to sort it
Yes I booked an engineer as soon as I had the break. BUT the system didn’t ask what the problem was. So I expect the engineer to say , oh you’ve got a break, let me book in a break team ie loss of 3 days.
I came on this forum for ideas how to escalate a break. One lady asked for pictures. But no follow up. So my take away is the best you can do is register an issue and wait….
Thanks for the details, just so you know - the forum isn't a instant messaging service and you may not receive an immediate response from our team.
Once we have seen pictures of damage to a cable, the next step is to book and engineer. As you already have an engineer appointment booked, we will have to wait and see how that appointment goes first.
Hi not sure why I should upload photos here and wait for an engineer? The engineer will take photos .
my point is the “book an engineer” option does not allow me to give any information eg there is a broken underground cable. It will send out an engineer who has no tools to repair a break - it’s is glass fibre! Asking me to load up photos to this forum doesn’t help me either , unless someone calls out a cable repair team , which didn’t happen.
As before, the local virgin engineers when you get them are great. But there is a really dumb burocracy in the middle that stops us communicating - they find it infuriating too. The local virgin engineer took photos and called in a favour. He got a fibre optic repair crew to add me in to the days work. So happy again this end.
Um I did post photos on this forum but nothing happened as follow up. And then the advice came that i should wait for the engineer to come , so I didn’t see the point. Maybe if the engineer did not come , a virgin staff member monitoring this forum would book a crew … will bear in mind