cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable appointment keeps on rescheduling

saurabhuic
Joining in

Mu initial appointment was for 4th December, however the engineer mentioned that it required recabling work.

Another appointment was scheduled for 13th December which was again rescheduled for 24th Dec as the exterior work was not done.

After this the appointment for recabling was pushed to 27th and so install appointment moved to 28th December.

Today the cabling appointment again has been moved up to 11th Jan. I don't understand why the appointment keeps on moving.

A simple answer when Virgin can provide me service or not will be helpful. It's almost a month since I requested broadband and still don't have it.

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There are dozens of similar posts on here about delayed installations where VM simply keep moving the installation date into the future. Don't hold out too much hope that the latest date won't be moved again.

Some installations run into problems with installing the cable (such as a blocked duct under ground). When this happens, VM and their sub-contractors seem to have no ability whatsoever to get a grip of the situation and coordinate a plan to complete the work.

I know and this is very frustrating. I am going to schedule an appointment with another provider in the hope that they can provide Broadband sooner.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @saurabhuic,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the delay with your installation.

I located your account and can see that you have not cancelled, since mentioning you are going to find a new provider.

Please let me know what you want to do and I will do my best to help.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

saurabhuic
Joining in

It was again rescheduled. I have no idea on when this will happen. Still waiting for an explanation from Virgin media regarding the repeated delay.

The longest (reported here) has been a delay where VM strung out a new connection for 11 months.  There's many reports of 3-4 month delays, and always the same total absence of any effective communication, and the appearance of deep rooted incompetence in VM's pre-install and cable re-pull processes.  Complaints and escalations (even to the CEO) have proved fruitless, showing that the directors don't care.

Delays and uncertainty are something that is a major risk for any company given the pandemic, along with skills shortages.  However, to respond so consistently badly, and to have no working project management, organisation or communications after more than a year can only be explained if the people responsible within VM are intending the outcomes to be this poor.  

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @saurabhuic

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I can see that you have spoken with the team on the 31st of December, where they able to answer all your questions?

Kind regards,

Zak_M