CATV Box

Bigryan85
Tuning in

05423D1B-CD77-43C7-B09D-3D4632C2E080.jpeg

DC67811C-7505-421E-8E4C-B79BA3E1FC90.jpeg

896D08AF-0C58-4D95-BD45-77B0748A9E6C.jpeg

305E8DEF-4149-4920-9F7E-BEE77BEBCE1E.jpeg

71A7C5EA-67AF-4A20-80D0-C2B9C2CC50C8.jpeg

I have been on here before with no help at all I’m looking for information on how I get a tv cable removed from my attic as I only have and want internet. There is no facility to email virgin media team. I also have this main box in my back garden and would like to see it relocated.  I would like to see the written permission for the installation of this box the house was owned by my dad and previous was my grandfather. It was installed when my grandfather was here but he has been dead for 20 years so it could have been telewest that he gave permission regarding it. I’m a customer but inherited this mess when I bought the house and my dad never gave the tenants permission to get install from virgin. It’s not in title deeds etc regarding the main cable box. Regardless I’m looking for the mess to be tidied up as the fence is to come down and back garden re landscaped. VM team please DM so we can get this sorted ASAP. 

24 REPLIES 24

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK - you have been posting about this since November and have been contacted by several VM Forum staff yet it hasnt progressed.

Paul from VM advised you will be charged for a visit - well yes that's correct its £25 for all "non-fault" calls - e.g. out to relocate cables.

I will flag again for VM to comment but suggest that the best way forward is to get either a VM person to visit and advise... or just pay the £25 and get the friendly Tech to sort it out (if they can).

You could always commit VM Harakiri and just rip the whole lot out - but as you are still a VM customer at the moment that will probably end badly - as you will have damaged their equipment and network.

If you were no longer a VM customer that situation would be different - but its still a "grey" area.😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John. I don’t want a fall out about this I would just like it tied up as it’s a bit off a mess. Been with virgin for 8 years now. No issue with provider.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Understood.... a Forum Staff person should respond again soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Bigryan85 wrote:

I have been on here before with no help at all I’m looking for information on how I get a tv cable removed from my attic as I only have and want internet. <snip> 

Disappointing that you have got no further with VM about this.

You could pay £25 for a tech to deal with the individual cable at your own property but I don't think an individual tech on a single visit would be diving in to sort that lot out.

Some of the cable appears to be of a large diameter which, AIUI, is used on long runs from the cabinet so I'm assuming the cables go on some distance to other properties beyond the point in your photos. Have you actually tried to track the cables to make your own estimate of how many properties are affected?

Without going back through your many posts about this, did your query ever get referred to an 'area manager' to come and look at it? If so, what happened there?

From similar topics on here, a referral to an 'area manager' sometimes seems to get dealt with promptly and investigated and sometimes seems to get no response whatsoever or kicked into the long grass with low/no priority/action.

You understandably want to get this looked into but you have multi-posted the same problem in so many different locations/topics on here that your responses have been spread far and wide across the forum.

Would suggest that you stick to this one topic going forward and respond only on this topic in order to keep the issue all in one place.

Good Afternoon @Bigryan85,

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I will reply only too this in future. If I’m being honest it’s all very confusing. I want to give virgin the chance to sort it out then I may have to go further. Like I say I’ve not issue with the service I have had regarding internet it’s just the cabling that’s the problem.

I believe I’m connecting 10 other properties including my next door neighbours virgin tv. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Bigryan85 wrote:

I believe I’m connecting 10 other properties including my next door neighbours virgin tv. 

If you have not done so already, you should reply to the private message from @David_Bn and see if he can kick start VM into action for you.

The only hope you have of getting this resolved, IMO, is if you get someone senior from VM's tech/engineering dep't (with sufficient authority to action some work for you) to come to your property and look at what is there then decide if they can/will do something about it for you.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
David_Bn from VM is now progressing this. Report back on progress in due course

--------------------
John
--------------------