cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown external box and cable removal

Jen_star_30
Joining in

Please could a technician/advisor get in contact with me to arrange removal of an external cable box and cables.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Don't get your hopes up for any action from VM. The majority of their replies for this kind of request is that they won't remove external cabling (as noted in VM's T&Cs)

We cannot normally be required to remove permanent equipment installations if you end this agreement or move from your home.

They occasionally respond to installations where there is a clear health and safety issue with the cables. If you think that applies to your situation, you might get some response by posting some photos on here.

VM forum staff don't regularly/reliably reply in the 'Community Natter' forum though.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Don't get your hopes up for any action from VM. The majority of their replies for this kind of request is that they won't remove external cabling (as noted in VM's T&Cs)

We cannot normally be required to remove permanent equipment installations if you end this agreement or move from your home.

They occasionally respond to installations where there is a clear health and safety issue with the cables. If you think that applies to your situation, you might get some response by posting some photos on here.

VM forum staff don't regularly/reliably reply in the 'Community Natter' forum though.

Well, considering this is our new home, I haven't ended any commitments, don't have any contracts with them, nor do I intend to in the future. So if nobody from VM gets in touch in the next month I will cut the cables myself and dispose of the box... I can only assume they don't want or need it if they don't respond.

Hi Jen_star_30, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

We would have gained permission of the previous householder, you are welcome to remove the box but please be aware a cable pull would be needed in the future and this could cause a delayed installation. 

Chris.