Menu
satzzz
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broken manhole cover noise causing huge disturbance and driving locals crazy

Hi,

I reported a broken drain cover to Derby City Council a few months ago. The very next day they came out and noted the problem.

They unfortunately couldn't fix it as it belongs to you but said they would report to you immediately.

That was 3 months ago and this is now driving us locals absolutely crazy.

The broken manhole is in the DE231HF area of Derby and resides outside of number 370. The council have already marked it with a white X with spray paint.

Can you please get someone out to fix this before one of the neighbours murders someone!!!

Thanks

Simon Day

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broken manhole cover noise causing huge disturbance and driving locals crazy

Can you take a photo of the cover and post it up here to help establish who it does actually belong to.  What is "printed/stamped" on it ?

If it is VM property you can report it on the street furniture site

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.