Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband line options

webhead789
Joining in

Morning

Fed up waiting for BT to roll out FTTP so considering Virgin again

Thing is, they let me and my neighbours down 3 years ago when they were cabling our estate, they forgot to install "connectors" for the 3 houses in our cul-de-sac

I applied and VMB cancelled BT on the agreed date but no install went through and after a couple of months fighting and with loss of service, I gave up and returned to the BT line

It's 3 years on and I want to give it one last shot

But this time, I want to be in control

Is it possible to request a Broadband connection only and I will cancel BT myself if it works?

Grateful for your advice

Cheers

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @webhead789,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting your issues here on the forums.

Has VM-Jon been able to help with your issues or do you need further assistance?

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

Let me take a look at this for you, I will send you a private message for some details and see what’s what.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hey @webhead789,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting your issues here on the forums.

Has VM-Jon been able to help with your issues or do you need further assistance?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the follow up Steven; much appreciated

Jon has been very helpful

Unfortunately, due to a fundamental error by VMB when cabling our estate, myself and my 2 neighbours in our cul-de-sac will never be able to benefit, as it will not be cost effective for VMB to come back and install the connectors they missed, even though we signed written access declarations and were inconvenienced as much as anyone else re cars etc

Guess will just have to wait for BT to roll out FTTP

Regards

Thanks for coming back to let me know @webhead789.

I'm really sorry to hear that we cannot provide service to you because of the issues when we first cabled your street.

Regards,

Steven_L