cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband installation

Joshuauzunovic
Joining in

hi there,

booked my installation date. The guy came and said there was no cable fed from the main port for him to setup from. I had mentioned in my order that the property didn’t not have virgin media beforehand.

he said he has to order the cable installation with a 3rd party company. I am still waiting to hear on the progress of this. Can I get an update please?

kind regards,

Josh

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Joshuauzunovic wrote:

hi there,

booked my installation date. The guy came and said there was no cable fed from the main port for him to setup from. I had mentioned in my order that the property didn’t not have virgin media beforehand.

he said he has to order the cable installation with a 3rd party company. I am still waiting to hear on the progress of this. Can I get an update please?

kind regards,

Josh

Read the many other topics on the forum about delayed cable installations. This will give you an idea of what you might expect.

Review the compensation scheme for delayed installation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

Assume any dates VM give you for next steps may be 'subject to change' (even if the person on the phone 'guarantees' the work will happen on the day advised)

Consider what your backup options will be if VM fails to install in a timely fashion (may think about a mobile connection or an Openreach connection on a rolling 30 day contract perhaps until VM gets its act together to complete your installation?)

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Joshuauzunovic, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is a delay with the installation, 

The prepull works can be done at any time until the installation. 

We will aim to get the works completed as soon as we can. ^Chris.