cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection

stephenmcc84
Joining in

Hi,

I recently ordered virgin broadband but when the external engineers came to undertake their part of the connection they decided it was two expensive and canceled our order without notification. It was only when the internal engineer didn't turn up on the agreed date we discovered the order had been canceled.

The external engineers seem to have painted green line on the road indicating that the would need to dig up 10/15m of the road to service us however our adjacent neighbour currently has virgin.

Can they not take the cable from my neighbours property to mine, through the hedge, without the need to go near the road or does each property need its own dedicated line? I recall at my old house my neighbours connect was a spur of mine and it seemed to work fine

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stephenmcc84,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear you're having some complications getting your services installed at your home. I'm afraid your home would need to have a dedicated line to supply services. Though your neighbour may be serviceable, this sadly does not always mean we can provide services to the homes next to them.

Has there been any update on this since your post? Is this a brand new order at this home, or have you moved recently and are bringing your services with you to this new property?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!