Menu
johna
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Broadband and TV down all day CR0

Any one else had problems in CR0. My broadband(Hub3) and tv (2 boxes) Have been down all day. I fed get through and was told that all my boxes must be not working and new ones must be sent out. They arrange engineer for next wed. I believe issue is in street as virgin engineer was outSide my house in the morning doing something ( supposedly not to do with my house)

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband and TV down all day CR0

What does the service status page say?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
johna
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Service status says no issues in my area, but it seems strange that all services would fail on the same day. Running tests says there is a problem.

As I said an engineer was working in the street on another house and I am convinced he has knocked out my services, but nobody in VM has any knowledge of this ☹️

I have green power light flashing which generally means no signal is being received

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, johna,

Apologies for the delayed response, how has the service been since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
johna
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Both TV and Broadband have been down since Saturday morning - engineer booked for 12-4pm but means I have missed work today ☹️

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, johna. Our engineer will be able to get things sorted for you.

0 Kudos
johna
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am sure he will, but really it could have been fixed in Saturday. It always seems to be the customer who suffers, this should have been fixed in Saturday or at latest first thing this morning. I have lost today for work and this is unacceptable service from VM - where it’s probably a 5 minute task for the engineer to but back whatever they removed. Shocking..

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused @johna.

Hopefully the engineer will be able to get this issue resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
johna
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The engineer arrived on Tuesday at 3.55pm for an appointment that was 12-4pm. I explained the issue and it took him 3 minutes to open the manhole and fix the problem. He said someone had pulled the wire out☹️
So my service was down from Saturday 10am until Tuesday 4pm - I was told I could claim compensation which amounts to £8.06 since that counts as only one day over the 2 day threshold. 

No apologies, no root cause analysis, shocking.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You have to wonder why people complain when receiving excellent service, such as this, for a residential service.

If you want a service with a Service Level Agreement, get a business service.

Another alternative would be to contract for a backup internet service for the reality that sometimes residential services have faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos