cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been waiting 3 months for install - no communication - how can I solve this?

nh808303606
Joining in

Hi there,

I hope someone can help..
I’ve been waiting months for my install to progress, and don’t know how to make it happen

I live in a house where the previous occupant had Virgin before
Ordered a quickstart kit, plugged everything in, and tried to set up with no success
After a technician visit, we realised that although there was a box in the house, the outside cables had been removed and needed a “repull”

That was back at the start of January.
My installation really hasn’t progressed much since then. at all.

I ring up customer services and they tell me someone will come round, then nobody turns up and I get a text message saying “we’re sorry your appointment had to be rescheduled”. That's happened almost daily for a few months now.

Ridiculously, because I ‘activated’ my account in the quickstart process, Virgin have been charging me for 3 months of broadband that I'm unable to use.

I know it’s a specific case, but does anyone have ANY advice how I can move this forward? Which numbers should I be ringing?
Is there a magic word that make engineers appear that I'm missing?

I’m so disappointed with Virgin so far.

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your story is repeated many times over on here in topics regarding failed cable re-pulls.

You will probably need to let the VM forum team see if they can somehow stop the ongoing payments (though don't get your hopes up too much as VM's many automated systems seem impossible for anyone to stop once they get going).

Read through the other topics on here about failed cable installations to get an idea of what to expect (set your expectations to a very low level).

Some (waiting) customers have managed to get a dongle for mobile data out of VM while waiting for an installation (although VM seems to think your service has started and are billing you, so that avenue may be closed)..

Oh no, thanks for getting back, but that is so depressing to read.

Really quite unbelievable that a company can operate like this.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nh808303606 thanks for your post, although I'm very sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'll need to send you a PM to discuss things further, and I can get a complaint raised for you.

Please expect the PM to arrive shortly, and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W