Menu
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Automatic restart of superhub 3

That’s your belief, it’s certainly not others.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sure thing brain box

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Btw, you can buy a belkin modem that restarts itself, google it 

edit - belkin not netgear**

Tuning in
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Gooders123 Did you have any luck with people actually helping to answer your question (rather than questioning your question) and find a way to schedule restarts from within the Hub 3 settings?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

There is no means of doing this from within the hub itself, you would need to get some kind of external timer. I would also reiterate that unless you are experiencing issues, there really is no good reason to do this.

Tuning in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Jem101 thanks for the quick response and for actually answering the question first. I'm guessing the the reason why Gooders123 asked the question in the first place and certainly the reason why I've posted 8s because my router does regularly have a problem.... Speaking with Virgin "support" last year, they recommended restarting the router every day!

Tuning in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

hey, sorry for late reply, there isn’t an option to do it within the superhub, only real way would be to buy a wall socket timer

Tuning in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Only reason i do it is because i use cloud gaming and after a while it bogs down the superhub and i have frame skips within the game, restarting the modem every so often fixes the issue, i restart mine every week or 2 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Gooders123 wrote:

Only reason i do it is because i use cloud gaming and after a while it bogs down the superhub and i have frame skips within the game, restarting the modem every so often fixes the issue, i restart mine every week or 2 

Just out of interest (And to clarify for my  Geriatric-ally challenged mind) does the local and/or remote soft(ware) reboot not work for your Game reboot purpose? Thus avoiding a cold/hard POR after blindly fiddling/fumblingg for the Rear power Button. 

Both my SH3’s ( VMDG505 with same software but different hardware versions) will eventually need a (soft) POR after typically 2 to 3 weeks depending on how many end devices/usuages......  The only time I personally do a cold/hard POR(or even a soft or hard FR) is when attempting to explore/reproduce some rare(viz more interesting) user problem scenario...  😛    However ymmv......naturally.

NB Yes a Chrono script would need to be used to automate Login-reboot process.....

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos