cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic compensation query

Ariesr
Joining in

Am I entitled to automatic compensation if a broadband installation that was due to occur in October 23 has not happened yet, over 2 months later.

at the time I disconnected my home broadband in anticipation of the new high speed internet being installed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if you have that original install date in writing - an email or contract then yes you are due compensation - VM may not see it like that - especially the numpties that are offshore and come up with all sorts of excuses that you are not - they can say they needed council permission and claim 6 weeks - in reality its 48 hours - the best we have seen is you cannot have it because they cannot afford to pay it

if you are getting rubbish like that then you need to get the arbitrator involved - open a complaint - wait for vm to lose it - ignore it or come up with a resolution that is nothing to do with what you are asking - if any of those ask for a deadlock letter which they they legally must send but again are likely to ignore that and go to the arbitrator - set out the facts - if you have been messed about add £100 to the claim and sit back and wait for it to bne sorted

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if you have that original install date in writing - an email or contract then yes you are due compensation - VM may not see it like that - especially the numpties that are offshore and come up with all sorts of excuses that you are not - they can say they needed council permission and claim 6 weeks - in reality its 48 hours - the best we have seen is you cannot have it because they cannot afford to pay it

if you are getting rubbish like that then you need to get the arbitrator involved - open a complaint - wait for vm to lose it - ignore it or come up with a resolution that is nothing to do with what you are asking - if any of those ask for a deadlock letter which they they legally must send but again are likely to ignore that and go to the arbitrator - set out the facts - if you have been messed about add £100 to the claim and sit back and wait for it to bne sorted

Tony.
Sacked VIP

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming through to us @Ariesr, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the delayed installation of the services.

Do feel free to raise a complaint with Virgin Media for our team to investigate via this link

In the meantime, feel free to check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn