Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are wall sockets interchangable?

Hi everybody.

Probably a dumb question, but I will ask it anyway. In my lounge, at one end I have a wall socket for my V6 TV box, and at the other end of the room, I have another wall socket feeding my Hub 3. We need to move the room around, and ideally need the TV to go where the Hub is now connected.

Are the wall sockets interchangeable, i.e. just a case of unscrewing the white cable from the wall socket and moving the kit? 

Any help appreciated

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Are wall sockets interchangable?

Absolutely.
All Set top boxes and hubs are fed by the same cable.
As long as they are live, you can plug any piece of VM equipment into it.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

They are interchangable, you just need to make sure the connections are done up tight after. Are you going to be doing a straight swap? i.e. putting the hub where the v6 is?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. Much appreciated. Just need to work out how the furniture and kit will fit!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and tip. Yes, a straight swap V6 where the hub is connected, hub to the V6 connection. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't forget when setting the hub in its new position to give it 'room to breathe' ie off the floor and way from the wall to enable your wireless range to be optimum. If you have a problem later with connection in say a back bedroom you may also need to try rotating the hub to improve the signal.