Menu
donukb
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Additional Work Needed For Installation?

I ordered the M100 package way before my move in date of the 19th of Sept and was told that the installation date will be on my move in day.

Fast forward a bit and my installation date had been moved to the 28th for no reason.

On the 14th, I received confirmation that external work had been done and installation will proceed on the 28th.

Today, on the 28th, the engineer arrived, inspected the flat and the external and told us that they can't install anything, "no one in the street is using Virgin Media", "they are still setting up in the area", "how was this installation booked so early", "there's no place to install the cables in the flat itself", and they will check back later to tell us when installation can actually take place.

How is this possible? What external work was done on the 14th then? When can I expect my internet to be installed, if at all? Since Virgin Media isn't even in the area? Why does it say Virgin Media is available for my post code?

I'd like clarification on all this and the next steps. If it will take longer than 2 weeks I will have to look for other broadband options.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional Work Needed For Installation?

Hi donukb,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear about this. I'm unsure how we have been able to book that in without the area being ready. 

What I am going to do is private message you to get some details to see if we can get some more information for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos