Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Activate broadband

Hi all

I moved home this weekend and plugged my hub into the fibre at the new home last night, everything worked fine. Today was the switch to a new account, so I got the text to activate, replied “GO” and got the response that something went wrong.

Tried to run the fault troubleshooting on the website, but that instructs me to call VM almost immediately without running any tests.

Obviously during this time, the call centres are closed. Is there any way of getting this sorted?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activate broadband

Can h send me a pm with your account Num and area ref

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s sorted now, thank you. I managed to get through to an actual person who confirmed that for some reason it was never activated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi could you tell me what number you called to speak to a human I cant seem to get through to anyone to activate mine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I somewhat cheated the system. 

I suspected that the call centres for adding new services would still be open because that means they can still get more money. So I rang ‭0345 454 1111‬ and when I was asked what I wanted to do, I selected the option for adding additional packages to my account. That got me to a human, who thankfully redirected me to their Quick Start department. 

There may be something to be said about how they don’t keep call centres open to help, but only the ones where they can get more money.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spot on 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat. I managed to text someone but I have no idea when they'll get back to me. Got my self start package. But the green light keeps flashing and apparently that means loose connection. Getting frustrated with not being able to talk to somebody. I get they're busy but they just keep directing me to the community and then hanging up the call. I just want an an engineer out at this point. The hub is in a daft place anyway so won't be able to connect via ethernet. 

0 Kudos