Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2 WiFi connections

My household are currently with PlusNet but I would like to add a separate WiFi connection different to PlusNet for myself. When selecting options for a deal it only comes up with options for replacing my old WiFi which I don't want to do. I'd like to have 2 completely separate WiFi connections. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 WiFi connections

Hi, let me help, I will grab some details from you and establish what you need. There is no issue in having two separate services, this may be a little glitch in the website that we need to be aware of and overcome.

Thank you for your interest, I have sent a private message to get some detail so I can get this resolved for you.

Many thanks

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 WiFi connections

Why do you need two separate WiFi connections? I’d it for redundancy or because you have a large number of end points and are lacking throughput?

If you do not want redundancy, but need to split your system over more than one SSID, this can be done with good quality Wireless Access Points, the one I use allow for 4 SSIDs on 2.4 and 4 on 5 GHz bands. Some Ubiquiti ones allow for 8 SSIDs on each band!

If you do require redundancy some Ubiquiti router allow you to have two broadband connections and either use sharing or one dedicated for redundancy.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos