Menu
Highlighted
alyson1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wifi

I have new router but the same problems have started again, if i restart or shutdown my pc the wifi goes off when i go back on pc i run trouble shooter and will various error messages from no gateway or no ip address, i've been with virgin for a long time and sick off phoning and not getting a uk call centre no offence but they cant understand my accent, and unfortunately i think i will be leaving virgin,got this new router as they said my other one was old but the same problems have occured and im really sick of problems 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi

Hi alyson1,

Thanks for your post. I'm very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your WiFi.

Are you having any trouble with connection on a wired connection?

Are you having the same issue on any other devices?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alyson1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No issues with other devices put in wired cable and still did not have access, the hub is out in the open this problem started about 8 to 10 months ago hence the new hub but now problem is back and as i said in previous post getting different error message how can ip address not be valid or no gateway this is very frustrating, as a result i keep my pc on all the time so problem does not occur only my pc is off is if have too restart pc after any updates  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us.

Do you have any third party equipment that you're using - router/booster etc?

Which hub is it that you're using?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
alyson1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

not using any third party device and its a hub 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How is your pc connected to the internet? Via WiFi or wired connection?

Are you able to connect to a different pc/laptop and if so does the same thing happen?

Which Operating System are you using e.g. Windows 10? I ask because it may be a power management setting within Windows that may be turning off your network card?

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos