Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wif boosters

Is there anyone within the forum that can order me some wifi boosters please? I appreciate I'll need to pay a further £3pm which isn't a problem. Help - I've been trying for 3 days now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wif boosters

£3 a month is £36 a year.  And £72 over two years, £108 over three years.  And if/when you leave VM you'll have to hand them back.   That's staggeringly poor value.

For about forty quid you can buy a halfway decent Tenda or TP-Link powerline wifi booster kit (prices vary regularly, so I'll hold off making any recommendations), and for £70-100 you could buy a thoroughly capable mesh wireless system that will be vastly superior to the crummy wireless that VM's hub offers.  I replaced my Hub's crummy wireless with a TP-Link Deco M4 twin unit mesh system, and they're superb, although as with other kit the price fluctuates regularly - you could consider it at £70-80 for a twin pack, but if priced at £100 then you'd be better off with something like a Tenda Nova MW3 where you can get a three unit mesh system for £70.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As above, I use TP-Link and have for years. I have a mix of WIFI booster and power plugs but to be honest, I use the power plug (cable) part only. In the master bedroom I have a power plug feeding a WIFI access point to get better coverage (1968 built house, VERY solid walls). I had this setup in my old house over 10 years back to get over the steels between the home Hub and the master bed in the loft conversion

I didn't even know Virgin were doing these plugs until last week.

What I will say is VM tech told me late last week that my WIFI issues were caused by my non-VM kit. As the problems only started last week, I have discounted that "solution" and de-bugged it myself.

Pay for VM powerplugs? I don't think so.

Anyway - their kit is only "Branded" merchandise, in a Virgin box. Even the Hub 3 is branded and made by someone else

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Put that money towards something better and something that’s YOURS at the end of it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos