cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update failing

scottyb1
Tuning in

Need help have hub 5 for the last few days has been trying to update however its failing and greeted with a flashing green light every morning rang Virgin who just advise switch on & off (yes I know ) this will restore white light everything ok for a day till generally midnight when tries to do update again there must be a way of getting this update to go through ?  

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

However there are posts here where users have had to wait several days for the firmware to update properly on the Hub 5.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

At the risk of sounding cretin are you suggesting that I leave hub just flashing green lights for 3 days before doing hard reset as may take that long to sort itself out ? The strange thing is everybody still appears to able to connect to net while flashing green error messages include : no ranging response recieved SYNC timing failure failure to acquire QAM/QSPK symbol DHCP warning !

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have just seen a thread where after the pinhole reset the firmnware was updated and it all worked normally.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-5-Firmware-Update/td-p/5203738

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

OK thanx all will do reset when get in later and hopefully that will cure

Hopefully last daft question but where can u c what firmware version your on and what is latest version ?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its in the Hub settings somewhere (I dont have a Hub5!) - log in and just mooch about in there you should find it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @scottyb1 really sorry that your Hub is failing with its update.

Can you please confirm if you're still having issues with this or has it now been resolved?

Many thanks

Tom_W

After powering down 3x it has been fine for couple of days so hopefully it is sorted ! If u could tell me what version of firmware hub5 should b on and how I can find would b grateful