cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unstable connection

Suraj_Gurung
On our wavelength

Constantly dropping out connection. Reset and restarted router multiple times!!!!! Phoned technical service multiple time!!!!! they ask for reset multiple time!!!! Booked onsite technican multiple times but someone somewhere cancelled the appointment with message saying "problem is on ourside and we fixed it" but not confirming with customer mutliple time!!!!! I am just losing hope on virgin media. Paying fortune but getting nothing. Just look at the connection drop out.

When I searched "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync", I can see multiple other people have same issue but looks like VM is just sitting on it. I am here not looking for resolution but to make people aware how bad the service we are getting.  Next one will be formal complaint!!!

Suraj_Gurung_1-1676061892829.png

Suraj_Gurung_2-1676061967180.pngSuraj_Gurung_3-1676061977873.png

12 REPLIES 12

palmyra08
Up to speed

Very same problem, second week now... and... often service check website says no issues, at the same time status check phone line says area fault, app says randomly one or the other.

Phoned in every single day, going in circles, every day there is a new "fix" estimate - it expires, estimate gets bumped by anything between half a day and FIVE days (today latest estimate was bumped to 15 Feb!!!!!). 

Nobody in fault team, when you ring up, has any information whatsoever, they read the same thing that you can hear on the automated line, but sometimes contradicting latter time estimates (today the phone line stated an afternoon estimate, but they said 15 Feb and same time, so their automated phone system probably drops the date and can only say the time... it is absolute shambles).

2 weeks of UNUSABLE internet, I bet my life they will not find it "eligible" for compensation as it is not TOTAL loss of service - I would like them to try using internet that drops out every other minute, during work (from home), during evenings and afternoons, impossible to stream, payment and bank transactions dying halfway through...

I am on 17 months contract but over my dead body will they get a penny from me when I leave VM. This is absolutely ridiculous, either they are making it all up or somebody is dangerously incompetent in managing even the fundamental IT infrastructure for customers to check service status. Let alone somebody fixing anything. 

They just closed down the ticket that had a 15 Feb fix estimate - WHILE it was dropping out, even rebooting Hub 3 had no effect, and continues with nonstop dropouts.

Somebody is either dangerously incompetent and/or getting paid for number of "solved" tickets. This is the 2nd time in 3 days that ticket gets closed about an area fault, but fault continues - and I have all the evidence again. 

This is absolute shambles.  This is what "fixed" means in VM speak, see after 21:30 the relentlessly huge latencies and packet losses - same story as they did few days ago for an admitted area fault that has been going on for 2 weeks:

180fc202d898eaed93b6abf10d5d755bee432aa2-10-02-2023 (4 during the fixed notification).png

I am sure they are aware of this issue and knows they have bigger problem but either someone is just incompetent or ignorant. Let's see how long they can ignore us. Definitely cancelling them at something now.

Suraj_Gurung
On our wavelength

lovely chart. full of dropped connection. If this isn't loss of service, what is? 

Suraj_Gurung_0-1676232429470.png

@Suraj_Gurung wrote:

lovely chart. full of dropped connection. If this isn't loss of service, what is? 

Total red 😡 not a DNS not a Ping not a ARP (excluding LAN)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Question is would you use a broadband (unstable one like this) for your own use. Someone on VM side is clealy incompetent in Virgin Media as it is just not me having this issue by the look.Hope someone can escalate this issue higher up or ....

I have been running Custom poweshell script to monitor connection and clearly it happens on wired and wireless connection. 

Suraj_Gurung_1-1676233225666.png

Suraj_Gurung
On our wavelength

That's it. I have submitted Formal complaint. Will see if that does anything to speed things up but I don't have high hope!! 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

Its common theme here with Virgin Media, they are just lucky currently there is no other ISP that can provide similar speeds in my area at the moment. That will change surely as few roads down they just got full 1gig from new ISP.

I am even considering just to use slower interent which actually works. I am in the same boat as you constant disconnects for the past 2 months. Virgin Media are seeing over 300+ disconnections in 1 month. I am just hoping upcoming engineer visit can find something wrong.

I just had reply back (possibly automated response) from complaint team saying they will look into it and give them 28 days to resolve it. So I would suggest you do the say if you haven't. I am really paitence person and have never been rude to anyone as I know being behind the phone or counter (Not anymore) but this issue is really changing my personality. lets hammer them with complaint so it gets escalated. I see no other way here. GoodLuck!

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints