Menu
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: this close to leaving virgin media

Your Downstream Power Levels need sorting out by an engineer.

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
seavord
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

okay ill give them a ring on monday morning, what would be the best number to call as i tried 150 and had to go through a few hoops to get to a call to be told its closed

and i guess aswell ill leave this open and hope for a forum staff member to come along aswell
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Send VM a text on 07533051809.

At least you aren't hanging on the line!

0 Kudos
seavord
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

correction i am unfortunately..tried the text waited till today for a reply and they ask for my phone password which we havent used in like 7 years so we dont have any idea, they didnt ask any other security questions like the live chat.. so ive now gotta wait for god knows how long through post to get a password to be able to contact.. its geting silly so many hoops for just one problem..
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@seavord wrote:
correction i am unfortunately..tried the text waited till today for a reply and they ask for my phone password which we havent used in like 7 years so we dont have any idea, they didnt ask any other security questions like the live chat.. so ive now gotta wait for god knows how long through post to get a password to be able to contact.. its geting silly so many hoops for just one problem..

Try again, the last time I text them I had no idea what my password was, and they 'reminded' me.

0 Kudos
seavord
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

tried that they said i have to wait to recieve my password via post.. im too tired to argue with them at the moment so im gunna have to have a bodged connection for a few days
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hey @seavord,

I have checked your account and cannot see any problems with your downstream at the moment, everything is within the right parameters for a good and stable connection.

Did the team ask you any further questions to enable access to your account or do they just arrange for the letter to be sent out? 

We can arrange for you to change your password, if you can pass further security questions. Please respond to my private message and we can get this looked into, if you still need to.

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
seavord
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

i called a week ago and was told id be called on friday which i was not, i got the letter so i have the password now, i would like to change the account holder though from my dad as he has dementia i have been asked to take over but i got nowhere via chats @Steven_L if i can do that by private message
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@seavord wrote:
i called a week ago and was told id be called on friday which i was not, i got the letter so i have the password now, i would like to change the account holder though from my dad as he has dementia i have been asked to take over but i got nowhere via chats @Steven_L if i can do that by private message

To change the account ownership you need to fill in the form and pay the admin fee...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-change-name

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos