cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superhub 5

dessy
Dialled in

i have just got  mt second superhub 5 have and the engineer told me that they have ironed out all the errors in the old ones. and i have to admit that my hub 5 has not buffeted or lost connection i am on 1gig and i am using the 2,5mb port and my speeds are constantly 1130 to 1147 download speed. now this is a first for me the engineer  called gary  was a breath of fresh air his custmoer service skills were 100% he took the time to relate all my past problems and how i could of fixed most of the issues by getting the help i should of recived in the last 30 years. so come on virginmedia if one engineer can make my life a happy one by telling me as it should be teach all other engineers his policy

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

This forum did indeed used to be littered with complaints about the hub 5 as it appears it was not tested sufficiently by VM before being rushed out (a common problem). There are still some unresolved issues with connecting it to BT phones. 

Nice to see a few comments coming through praising it (and of course Gary) now.

"ironed out all the errors"  - firmware for a Hub is updated remotely, does this imply there is a Hub 5 with a different hardware build ?

i would hazard a guess and say they have got a new firmware that works, my first hub sat in update mode for 3 days and someone on the community told me to reset 3 or 4 times and that workd i got it to update BUT i kept dropping wifi and buffering so i was fortunate enough to have not sent my hub 4 back and virgin just re-initisiated it (but it still had  issues) i selected channel 44 for my 5gz but ater a couple of hours it turned back to 128 even the engineer said it was an anomily they were aware of but could figure out what was causing it.....