cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'superfast' fibre that can't hold a connection

matt1987ponting
On our wavelength

I'm only 1 month into my Virgin Media broadband contract, and I'm seriously seriously disappointed. 

I actually ordered my internet package at the beginning of June, but due to incredibly incompetent internal management and absolutely no communication within the team, my install was only completed mid August. 

So 2 months of tethering to my iphone for everything, work, streaming, gaming etc. The day i had my internet finally installed (I chose 300+ mbps package for gaming and streaming etc) I actually couldn't get online with the PS4 and had to revert to tethering through the iPhone. Then the internet worked OK for about 2 weeks. Now I can't even have a FaceTime call on the wifi, i have to just use my iPhone's package , and once again, I'm tethering my PS4 and laptop through my phone to get online. 

I called yesterday, they said there is a fault on your line, an engineer will call you back within 4 hours. I asked her to repeat and guarantee that would happen within 4 hours, she said yes and guess what. No one called. When I phoned this morning there were no notes on the system to say an engineer was supposed to call. Literally everytime i call Virgin this happens. It has been, hands down, the worst customer service experience i've had since i was at uni (and vowed never to use Virgin again!) 

Now I'm being told there is an area fault. I am area 21. I can see on this forum that this exact same issue has been reported in area 21 since May 2020. Please, Virgin, pull your finger out and fix this mess. 

42 REPLIES 42

Hi matt1987ponting

Thanks for coming back to us. I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and agreed a resolution with them over the phone.

Please do let us know if there is anything further we can assist with

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes thank you. I have been released from my contract without penalty. An all round very very poor experience, I shall renew my vow from 2007 to never use Virgin Media again! Don’t know what came over me! 

Thank you for the update @matt1987ponting.

Sorry to hear you have left our services and that we did not meet your expectations. We will take your feedback onboard and pass it on to the relevant team for improvement.

We wish you all the best regardless 🙂

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs