Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

smart tv and connection issues

Hi I am having issues with connection to amazon and catch-up services on two smart tvs and amazon via a V6 box.

Messages on amazon saying your device is connected to the internet using a VPN pr proxy service. Please disable it and try again. 

I have tried connecting the main tv and V6 box with various combinations using wifi and power line adapters with no luck.

The bedroom tv is connected via wifi.

All have been working for a while problem just started in the past week.

I have reset everything which can be reset I have checked all connections and double checked. As I say everything was working prior to this week.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: smart tv and connection issues

Try connecting the TV's directly to the Hub by Cat6 ethernet cable and see if that solves the issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for that suggestion the only problem is the hub and both Tvs and V6 box are in other rooms.

I have a second V6 box plugged directly into the Superhub 3 with Cat 6 ethernet cable getting the same message here.

So the Amazon issue is now showing on two V6 boxes and two smart tvs,

The catchup like All 4 app does not work on either smart tv message saying this programme is not available in your location. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for that suggestion the only problem is the hub and both Tvs and V6 box are in other rooms.

I have a second V6 box plugged directly into the Superhub 3 with Cat 6 ethernet cable getting the same message here.

So the Amazon issue is now showing on two V6 boxes and two smart tvs,

The catchup like All 4 app does not work on either smart tv message saying this programme is not available in your location. 

We have virgin mobile contracts tried watching all of the above on mobile devices with wifi turned off all work perfect connect back to virgin wifi superhub 3 stops working again.

I have reset the hub to default settings this has not fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The good news is; it's nothing to do with you or your equipment.

The bad news is; I'm having the same issue and I'm currently awaiting follow ups from BBC and Amazon for the same thing. No one seems to know what's going on and that includes Virgin Media themselves. I had a lengthy conversation with them the other day trying to figure out what the issue was.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you loonytoon1982 for that gives me a bit more confidence that it's not something I have done.

Currently only have the use of Netflix on any app based platform none of the others are working.

Like I said previously unless I take the Superhub 3 out the loop and use my Virgin mobile data.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi loonytoon1982,

Just off the phone with Virgin media.

After trying to reset the Superhub from my end and theirs I'm now not able to connect to WiFi from any device so appears to be some issue with the hub. A new hub is being delivered on Tuesday so once set up I'll post back if this resolves other issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Forgetting Amazon for the time being...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Amazon-Prime-not-working-on-V6-box/td-p/4041180

Netflix and other catch up services should work perfectly well on a V6 when connected to the Hub by Cat6 cable and the TV by HDMI cable. Are you saying that if you do that with each V6 neither gives you active netflix on channel 204 and no other catchup's (iPlayer?) work either?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Netflix works perfect on the V6 box connected with Cat6 cable.

Netflix also works on the other V6 box connected with wifi.

Both Tvs are connected with HDMI cables, main tv LG 55SM8600PLA (2019) LED HDR NanoCell 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55" 

second and 3rd tvs  JVC - LT-32C691 32" Smart LED TV

Netflix works on the Smart TV connected with Cat6 cable.

Netflix works on the Smart TV connected with Powerline adapter.

Netflix works on the Smart TV connected with wifi.

Amazon TV, BBCi player, STV player, all4, My5 and freeview play does not work on anything both V6 boxes three smart TVs laptops or mobiles.

All apps work fine on mobiles on the Virgin mobile network when disconnected from wifi.

Everything was working fine up until about 4 or 5 days ago so all stopped working without any equipment being disconnected or moved or any settings touched all working then Netflix only.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That's really odd. Netflix comes down the internet connection as does the other catch up so if Netflix is working fine I cant see any reason why other internet content shouldn't.
Is the elctronic programme guide ok on the V6's - and up to date for the next few weeks - that content also is delivered via the network?

Hopefully someone else will chip in with ideas soon.

EDIT: Maybe a pinhole reset of the Hub is called for ?  With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that.  Your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings  and Wifi networks should revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card other settings in the Hub will also be reset.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos