Menu
Bobthechemist
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds

Fed up of trying to get this fixed. Slow speeds, constantly hard resetting router, constantly been told its fixed wont happen again etc etc.

Speed should be 200+, is that only for when you fix it then within the hour its back down to anything from 5 to 40, upload from 0.1 to 4.

Please explain why the fix lasts an hour.

My computer is literally 5 feet from my router (Hub 3) with nothing blocking.

I am  a teacher that streams lessons, I know when it is slow, as do my pupils.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Bobthechemist
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cant connect my laptop with a cable as its a surface pro and I dont have a docking station. It is an i7 processor with 8g ram so is perfectly capable, as is my phone oneplus 5T, both show 40 max speed standing a few feet from router. 

The thing is they can get my speed upto the 200+ when they fiddle at their end, but within the hour its down. 

My older pc is connected via pclink connectors and that shows similar speeds.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it has USB ports it can be >> connected << using a USB C to ethernet adaptor.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Bobthechemist
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it has usb but not type c so would it work if i attached a usb c female to usb male adapter first?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The adaptors come in all >> flavours <<.

Just ensure that it is Gigabit capable.

0 Kudos