cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router migration

taqosise
Joining in

I have a virgin media router downstairs connected to a wall socket with one wire. I have the same wall socket upstairs and tried to move it upstairs because the wifi signal is horrid. We are paying for a 100 down and I'm getting 6. I took the wire and the router and connected the router to the wall socket upstairs and it flashed green signaling a loose connection according to the virgin media website. It just doesn't work when I move it upstairs and it seems like the same setup to me. Could someone please explain whats going on because I don't have a clue about what's going on.

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Upstairs is disconnected.

Hubs wifi is bad no matter where you move so look at getting a better wireless router and put the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

sophist
Trouble shooter

follow the route of the cable as it exits the wall upstairs and see where it goes to - should go down to your brown omnibox on the outside wall of your property.. per the other response, it's likely to have been disconnected... if it was all cabled up then it should work

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello taqosise

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query via the forums in regards to both moving your Hub and the wireless network issues, welcome to the community.

As sophist has advised, the upstairs wall socket would need to be active and connected to the Omni Box (brown box on the front of your property) for this to work, from what you have advised it doesn't sound as though this is the case. To move the Hub would require a technician and would be chargeable at £99.

In regards to the wireless network, I've been unable to locate your account to check the connection from our end, how are the speeds over a wired connection? We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

Thanks 

Rob