Menu
PeteT41
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

poor wifi signal strength

Just installed a replacement Hub3. Still not got much better broadcast strength.  I get 250meg if I sit on the router and 2 rooms away its down to 5meg.  I had a booster pod installed.  I have turned it off and on as suggested but it won't connect.  The Connect app says I have poor reception - dont need an app to tell me that.  I live in a 4 story terrace so its not a big house.  I have an additional booster pod on order I- it is only 2 week late being delivered.  Cant get through on the phone.  Time to switch to BT I feel

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor wifi signal strength

Good Evening

Have you ran any troubleshooting on the WiFi pods to ensure that they've been set up correctly?

Heres the page if you haven't already had a look on it. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-booster-and-pods-troubleshooting/virgin-media-pod-trou...

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The new Hub and WiFi Pod won’t be correctly associated on your account.

It really is time that the process for replacing a Hub includes a check to see if the customer has WiFi Pods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (1)
PeteT41
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes.  done that twice.  seems the first response from Virgin is always to just reboot, not very helpful and doesn't solve this.  I see other posts that connections to a replacement hub is a common problem 

PeteT41
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks.  is there a fix. just spoken with help desk, they say just turn off and on!

0 Kudos
PeteT41
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ernie, they spent ages rebooting my POD with the new HUB, I now have 2 PODs in my house and still poor coverage for wifi.  I live in a 4 bed terrace, not a mansion.  Surely the strength should be better?

0 Kudos
kadzy88
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue. When I'm right next to the router I get 100mb speed. When I go more than 5m away from the router it drops to less than 2mb. I've called in maybe 6 times and they keep telling me the same thing - to restart my router. The customer service is awful. Each phone call I spend almost an hour on the phone. Sometimes they cut me off and don't call back. Never though Virgin (such a 'big' company) would be so terrible. #OFCOM please investigate

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ofcom won't care. you agreed that wifi is excluded from any speed gatantees.whats youer speed line wired
0 Kudos
PeteT41
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are sending me a HUB4 today   Lets see if that is better    Will the PODs connect   Ummm  even the engineer wasnt certain why my serivice was so poor  and didnt really care 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, PeteT41. Let us know how it goes with the Hub 4.

0 Kudos